HFCRD Board of Trustees Approve 2018/19 School Calendars
Posted: April 25, 2018
At the April 17th Regular Board Meeting, the Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) Board of Trustees approved the 2018/19 School Calendars. Decisions about the school calendars were made to best meet student learning needs, as well as the needs of families and communities. Due to the transportation constraints of having HFCRD transportation being provided by three neighbouring school divisions, multiple calendars are needed once again.
To access Glenmary’s 2018/19 School Calendar, click here.
2018/19 Draft Calendar Highlights:
Start Up Dates
– First Day for Staff August 28th – 4 staff meeting/PD Day/School Year Kick Off/Prep Days before school starts
– First Day for Students September 4th– after Labour Day
2 Divisional Days
– Staff Meeting/Mass/BBQ August 30th
– Faith Day April 12th
Christmas and Easter Breaks
– 2 full weeks + 1 day at Christmas break – 3 full weekends
– Friday December 21st is attached to Christmas break in response to the 2018/19 Calendar Survey results
– Common Christmas breaks for all schools
– Easter breaks for schools are aligned with the school calendars of their neighbouring school divisions due to bussing requirements. All Schools (except St. Stephen’s) Spring Break in March and 4-day Easter Long Weekend.
Last Days of School
– Last day for grades K – 9 students June 26th
– Last day for grades 10 – 12 students June 27th
– Last day for staff June 28th
– All schools have minimum of two 4-day long weekends (one each semester)