Glenmary School 7-12 in Peace River, AB is seeking a Full-Time Educational Assistant for the 2023-2024 School Year.
Posted: May 17, 2023
Education Assistants are employed by the Division to support teachers in meeting the needs of students in their classrooms. An Educational Assistant may be assigned to work with individual students or groups of students under the direct supervision of a teacher.
Duties will include:
- Work with students with learning, physical, and/or behavioral challenges, one-to-one, small group, and classroom duties.
- The assignment includes working with students in the classroom, supporting student academics and individualized learning needs, tutorial help, support for English Language Learners, and other Educational Assistant duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Teacher Assistant Diploma or related education equivalent preferred.
- Able to perform duties with professionalism and confidentiality.
- The successful candidate requires good communication, the ability to follow plans, ability to support students who require individualized programs, enrichment, modifications, and/or accommodations to their learning.
- The ideal candidate will have proficiency in the use of technology.
- Criminal Record/Intervention check required.
- Dependent on Qualifications and Experience per hour $17.67- $27.75.
Please forward the following documentation as an application to the positions:
- Individuals previously employed at HFCRD within the last 12 months, may submit a written request stating their interest, school, and location.
New applicants are required to submit the following:
- Resume, Support Staff Application Form (https://hfcrd.ab.ca/employment/), transcripts, evaluations, references, a criminal record check, child intervention check.
Accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found. Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Victoria Cornick – Principal Glenmary School firstname.lastname@example.org 780-624-5656